On July 1, 1937 the park officially opened. There are 15 cabins in the park constructed by the CCC enrollees of Camp Hardy. The CCC log cabins still retain some original furnishings which include dining room tables, corner cupboards, and chairs with cane seats. Several also still retain their original iron and other light fixtures. Unusual for the rustic cabins, they include indoor plumbing and bathrooms. In 1935, the fire tower was rebuilt. The superintendent’s residence and fifteen cabins were completed by 1937. By 1940 a restaurant, swimming pool, riding stables and picnic shelters were completed. The Lee Cabin rehabilitation was also completed by 1940 and by 1942 the swimming pool bathhouse was finished.
For more information, see https://wvstateparks.com/park/lost-river-state-park/